Chef Jen made her way into the culinary scene, starting out as an apprentice Ice, Fruit and Vegetable carver at Gallery 37 Center for the Arts. A program designed for Chicago youth created by the late Maggie Daley, wife of former Mayor of Chicago Richard M. Daley. Upon completing that program, Chef Jen later enrolled into the nationally acclaimed, Kendall College School of Culinary Arts. Prior to graduating from Kendall, Chef Jen studied abroad in both Dinant, Belgium and Paris, France for her culinary internship.
Chef Jen has also worked in numerous fine dining restaurants across the Chicago land area for companies such as Lettuce Entertain You Ent. In 2007 Jen relocated to Atlanta, Georgia taking on the position of Garde Manger Chef at the exclusive Capital City Club, a five-star, platinum country club. During that time, Jen was cast on Season 4 of Fox's hit cooking reality show Hell's Kitchen, where she finished third runner up amongst fifteen contestants.
In 2008, Chef Jen returned to Chicago and began teaching recreational cooking classes at Kendall College and Whole Foods. Also performing live demos annually at Taste of Chicago, Bloomingdales and for Local Morning News segments. In 2009, Chef Jen clenched the title "Master of the Market" at the third annual Country Chef Challenge. An Iron Chef style cooking competition sponsored by COUNTRY financial and the Mayor's office of special events.
In 2010 Jen teamed up with a London based concert tour catering company. Chef Jen began traveling the world with high profile musicians to provide their backstage catering while on tour. During the past seven years as a concert tour catering Chef, Jen has visited over 127 countries and cities collectively. During her travels Chef Jen never forgot about home and how it made her the resilient woman she is today. It is during this time she decided to bring Edible Passport to those that are unable to afford the luxuries of travel as well as to bring authentic tastes of home to the millions of immigrants that now call the beautifully diverse country America, Home. Thus Edible Passport was born! Edible Passport provides full service Catering and Event Planning as well as recreational cooking classes and private chef services. At Edible passport we also offer designer Adult and Children Bento Box meals and Journey Jars for the people on the go, that still look forward to a stunning, healthy and one of a kind meal!
A list of a few clients our team has catered for...
- One Direction & Five Seconds of Summer "Where We Are" World Tour
- Paul Mc Cartney "Out There" World Tour
- Lady Gaga "Born This Way Ball" World Tour
- Roger Waters "The Wall" World Tour
- Usher Raymond, Trey Songz & Miguel "OMG" World Tour
- American Idol Live, North America
- So You Think You Can Dance, North America
- Kelly Clarkson, "Stronger" North America
- R Kelly, "Love Letter" North America
- 2015 NFL Draft: Chicago
- Local Catering: Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, Motley Crue, KISS, Beyonce & Jay-Z On The Run, Rod Stewart, Demi Lovado, Shrek The Musical, Drake, Bob Seger, Luis Miguel, NKOTBBSB, B96 Pepsi Summer Bash, John Mellencamp, Bonaroo Music Fest, Lollapalooza, EDC Festival, Life is Beautiful Festival, LIVE NATION, & AEG LIVE.
- Advocate Medical